The issues of audience, intent, and register expectation all factor into the modality of a written textual artifact intended to be a communication from author to audience.
(oh, dear reader, HABBE: MN HZ?
التي تعصف الرياح لك منا اليوم??
don’t look away were just code switching and meshing it up in here today.
what? you’ll stay? oh you’re assigned to..oh well)
- I’m voicing my XP as an L2 2671/02 ATPF Terp–
- meshed with L1 speech patterns dialectally meshing SAE
- vernacular MCE (vMCE).
MCE is SOP for POGS and grunts
- JEM, Boots through NCO
- topside of SNCO
- COC status
- billets as Co1stSGT
- CoGunny POC for SAP OE
- or SNCOIC
- DROP vMCE
- Cutting Scores for Stalf
- a new mouth full of:
- POC for DNCOs
- Firewatch’s SOG
- MCE (Marine Corps English)
- a modal register change
- (SNAFU by our POG Blue Falcons shirtily I.D.ed as “code switching”.)
- To un-fuck them, i’m gonna break it down Barney-Style:
- MCE AAE and other dialects within SGE
- use variants of L1 without diverging into a true L2
- though they usually involve borrowing terms
- these common to L2 and L3 lexicons which need not share an AO.
- MCE acquires structures and phonemes
- at times from AAE, NME, SAE, and
- meshes NCIP’s D2D squeaking.